Sunday 2 February 2014

Olay Essentials BB Cream Complete Care Review

Despite the fact that it has been over a year that BB creams have exploded on to the market and shaken up our makeup routines, I have to admit, I never really 'got' them.  For me, my skin is quite dry and flaky so a good moisturising cream is an essential, and with my blotchy blemishy skin, so is a foundation with decent coverage.  So I always regarded the BB cream to be neither here, nor there - only for those blessed with normal skin which requires little or no face paint.

However, browsing in the aisles of Superdrug one lunchtime, I spotted the Olay Essentials Complete Care BB cream on at half price for £4.97, so it became my first :)  What's interesting about the Olay BB cream is that it has teamed up with Max Factor to provide the foundation element to the cream.

What they say: 
As a BB cream, it moisturises, perfects and protects thanks to an all-in-one formula for an instantly even look everyday.  All-in-one BB cream formula: 24 hours moisturisation for long lasting hydration, a touch of Max Factor foundation to even out your complexion for an everyday light finish.  
Olay Essentials BB Cream Complete Care - Light
Olay Essentials BB Cream Review
One thing that struck me immediately about this cream is the scent - it's absolutely yummy! Quite fruity, and makes it so enjoyable to use.  I also find it quite moisturizing, however once blended into the skin, doesn't provide much coverage at all.  Therefore I apply my liquid foundation and powder over this base.

I guess this means I still dont 'get' BB creams, or maybe I just haven't found the right one for me.  The search continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment